My Passion

POST 5: MY FUTURE JOB


I’m considering to work as a children’s book illustrator at a publishing house, I’m not 100% sure, but I’d also love to make personalized toys for children. It is my dream job to make handmade colorful toys.

 

It would probably be indoors, I don’t enjoy being outside and working that way could affect my performance at my future job.

 

If I were given the opportunity I would love to travel a lot and do different studies about my area of knowledge. I think Japan is the place I would love to visit for working matters, I love Japanese children’s books, they stand out from what we have here in the West.


 

I’m torn between working for a big toys company or doing freelance jobs, both have pros and cons, so time and experience will tell me which one is the best option for my needs and capabilities.

 

I’m nervous just thinking about majoring in something…I think I would take a major in editorial design in addition to my graphic design career as a plus, I have to work for that before though because these courses are really expensive.

 

I wouldn’t like to work full time and something that I’ve been thinking about is working remotely at home, that would be amazing. I know I won't earn so much money at it but I'm not too worried about that now. If my toys sell well i would probably have a better salary.

Comentarios

  1. What a beautiful dream! I'm not an illustrator but I also would like to design for children. I think that you have to trust time in this, you will probably do great!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. How cool would it be to be a children's book illustrator, also Japanese art is so amazing! Good luck with that :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Japanese illustrations for children are one of the most beautiful things you can do. Western illustrators have a lot to learn from them.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A Dreamy Place

A Little Girl's Dream